GSA Drawing for Beginner: Days
By registering with the Guelph School of Art you agree to our Terms and Conditions
6 WEEKS, THURSDAYS, JAN.17 – FEB.21, 1:30 - 4:30 PM
This beginner drawing course emphasizes studio work. Gaining practical skills through traditional and conceptual methods we will explore observational and technical skills, compositional and expressive mark making while discovering your strengths and your preferences. Instruction will be supported by demonstrations and examples of techniques. Some of the visual tools covered will be: tonal value, blocking in, sighting, measurement and proportion, blind contour drawing, contour drawing, perspective expressive drawing and markmaking.
~Beginner to Intermediate Level
- Drawing pencils range from HB to 6B
- assorted willow/vine charcoal
- kneaded eraser
- white eraser (Staedtler Mars plastic)
- xacto knife
- bull dog clips
- Conte stick 1 black, 1 white, 1 sanguine
- sketchbook 9”x12” or larger- 80lb paper that will take light washes and ink & good for pencil & charcoal
- pad of newsprint 18” x 24”
- Terms & Conditions
By registering with the Guelph School of Art @ Wyndham Art Supplies you agree to our Terms & Conditions.