GSA Colour Workshop
By registering with the Guelph School of Art you agree to our Terms and Conditions
with Laura Harrison
2 SUNDAYS, FEBRUARY 3 & 10, 10 AM – 4PM
In this fun, hands-on class we will learn all about colour! We’ll start by looking at the basics in a new way and learn how to mix colours more accurately and efficiently. Then we will talk about a variety of topics like colour temperature, value and contrast, as well as how to apply colour conceptually and abstractly. This workshop will explore the many different ways colour can enhance your compositions and take your painting to the next level. Ideal for intermediate to advanced students with experience in painting in oil and/or acrylics.
~Intermediate to Experienced Level
- 1 canvas pad 9x12 or larger (or a sketchbook with heavy weight paper suitable for painting in oil or acrylic)
- 1 sheet of acetate (8x10)
- 1 Staedtler Non-Permanent Lumocolor marker in black fine tip (or a fine tip black marker that will write on plastic)
- Paint colours: Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cadmium Red Light, Alizarin Crimson, Phthalo Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White, Ivory Black, Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre (Optional: Magenta, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber)
- Variety of your favourite brushes including: 1 small round, 1 medium filbert, 1 medium/large bright
- medium or large rectangular palette
- palette knife for mixing
- sketchbook and pencil for making notes and sketches as needed
- Terms & Conditions
By registering with the Guelph School of Art @ Wyndham Art Supplies you agree to our Terms & Conditions.