GSA From Drawing To Painting
By registering with the Guelph School of Art you agree to our Terms and Conditions
with Grazyna Adamska
6 WEEKS, WEDNESDAYS, JAN.16 – FEB. 20, 6:30 – 9:30 PM
This course is ideal for both beginners and experienced artists wishing to extend their artistic skills and build on their drawing experience to begin painting. Explore your creative potential, learn basic painting techniques while being introduced to mixed media and experience the drawing/painting combination. Experiment with the convergence of media and incorporate your drawing skills and style into your paintings.To get a sense of the stylistic approach we'll be taking in this class, look at artists such as Larry Rivers, Alex Katz or Sigmar Polke. We will draw in charcoal and ink, as well as draw and paint with gesso and inks, learn different types of underpainting and finally paint in acrylics and/or oils. Students will also be taught how to mix colours from the basic primaries.
~Beginner to Experienced Level
- box of thick vine charcoal (approx. 1/3” diameter)
- graphite pencils 2B & 6B
- pencil sharpener
- 18”x24” cartridge pad
- india ink
- small jar of gesso (250 ml)
- disposable palette
- 2 standard stretched canvases approx. 10” x 14”
- 2 canvas boards 8” x 10”
- bristle brush flat #12
- natural or a blended hair brush #6
- an assortment of brushes such as; small and medium rounds, flats and filberts (bristle are recommended for oil and nylon for acrylic)
- acrylic or oil paints (your choice) colours: titanium white, raw umber, mars black and one cool shade and one warm shade of each of the primary colours; yellow blue, red,
*acrylic goes along very well with drawing. If you are unsure whether to choose oils or acrylics, this can be discussed during the first class.
- Terms & Conditions
By registering with the Guelph School of Art @ Wyndham Art Supplies you agree to our Terms & Conditions.