Brilliant Florals on Black @NAC
By registering with the Guelph School of Art you agree to our Terms and Conditions
Two days, Saturday April 4 & Sunday April 5, 10 am - 4 pm
ACCESSIBLE ART CLASSES @ NECESSARY ARTS COMPANY!
The Guelph School of Art is pleased to be offering some classes at Necessary Arts.
Located at 84 Wyndham St N (in the alley between Baker St. lot & the Canada Post office)
No stairs to climb here!
Please register with the Guelph School of Art at Wyndham Art Supplies.
This workshop is ideal for artists interested in botanicals, but wanting to try something different! Students will work on 2 step-by-step projects using coloured pencils and acrylic paint on an intriguing black background. Demonstrations, one-on-one instruction, and detailed handouts will guide students through techniques such as burnishing, layering, colour matching, tonal rendering and composition. Create stunning 3-dimensional drawings and learn how to combine mediums for best results.
~Intermediate to Experienced Level
- 2 sheets - Black Fabriano 680 gsm paper and cut 1 sheet into two 13x13” squares
- 2 masonite boards - 14x18”
- 1 sheet of white transfer paper
- kneadable eraser
- Tombow Mono Round 2.3mm white eraser
- water container
- palette or small plate
- paper towels
- Acrylic paint (Liquitex Recommended) - Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, Burnt Umber
- Brushes - Princeton #0 Round brush, soft makeup brush
- Coloured Pencils (Recommended: Faber Castell Polychromos & Continued) - FC101 White, FC123 Fuschia, FC105 Light Cadmium Yellow, FC106 Light Chrome Yellow, FC145 Light Phthalo Blue, FC170 May Green, FC102 Cream, FC115 Dk Cadmium Orange, FC226 Alizarin Crimson, FC129 Pink Madder Lake, FC127 Pink Carmine, FC125 Madder Purple Pink, FC133 Magenta, FC233 Cold Grey IV, FC272 Warm Grey III, FC278 Chrome Oxide Green, FC247 Indanthrene Blue, FC176 Permanent Green.
Make & Take: Funky Junk Jewelery @NAC
* Not Running *
Spots Remaining: 10