- Offer artist the option to unify the surface luster of a completed painting.
- Will add depth and enhance colour chroma.
- All are available with different gloss factors. This will effect the clarity and finish luster.
- May be applied on top of the surface of cured (dry) acrylic paint.
- To obtain thicker layers it is best to apply multiple thinner coats.
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE - These products are not picture varnishes. They are permanent and non-removable once applied.
- Recommended for indoor applications only.
Top Coat Hard is a water-based urethane suitable as a finishing layer on hard substrates. Available in Gloss or Matte
This very hard, washable, scratch resistant finish will dry matte and non-tacky. Intended for use on rigid surfaces.
Not recommended for flexible, pre-gessoed surfaces or substrates. Use on low quality canvas and substrates could cause uneven shrinkage, warping or even snapping of stretcher bars.
Painted surfaces MUST be fully cured to insure full adhesion and prevent paint from lifting or cracking.
For best results apply in thin layers allowing a curing time of 12 to 24 hours between coats.
May be lightly tinted with Tri-Art Acrylic colours.
Recommended for indoor use only. Always test your products and methods prior to applying to a final work.