Casein (kay'seen) is a quick-drying, aqueous medium using a milk-based binding agent, and is one of the most durable mediums known to man. Nine thousand year old casein cave paintings have been discovered in Asia, and later, the medium was used by Byzantine, Roman and Renaissance artists including the Old Masters.
Richeson Casein Colors are fast-drying, reworkable water-soluble paints. Caseins are great for underpainting and work with oils!
Professional Artist Colors
- Finest quality with a friendly price tag
- Milk protein-based paints
- Dries to a natural matte finish
- Apply in any manner from impasto to watercolor
- Suitable for a variety of surfaces
- Great for illustration work
Underpainting Set: Burnt Sienna, Natural Umber, Payne Gray, Yellow Ocher, Cadmium Red, Pale Blue Permasol
Shiva Series Set: Titanium White, Ivory Black, Rose Red, Naples Yellow, Ultramarine Blue Deep, and Shiva Green (Phthalo).
Color Theory Set: Shiva Rose, Cadmium Yellow Light, Ultramarine Blue Deep, Cadmium Orange, Shiva Green (Phthalo), Shiva Violet.